?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Materials.

Have spent a bit of time recently acquiring bits and bobs for this project so I thought I'd share my sources here.

MetalCollapse )

FabricCollapse )

NailsCollapse )

Straps and BucklesCollapse )

Tags:

Pics of Surviving Brigandines

Loads of Piccies!Collapse )

I'll add more as I find them!

New Year, New Project!

Hello and welcome to my new blog. Here I hope to document my first proper foray into armour making: The construction of a Brigandine. I also intend to use this blog as a dump for interesting photos, articles etc I happen to find so it can be a help/warning to others.

Background
More years ago than I care to recall, Gaddgedlar acquired a second hand brigandine. After about 30lbs of personal modification, I found I could fit into it and eventually purchased the piece. Since then it has prevented my entrails from becoming extrails at events up and down the country.
However, the poor thing has seen better days, it was old when Gadd bought it and I have owned it for at least 7 years. Nails have pulled through, plates have slipped and the stitching is beginning to go.

This leaves me in the uncomfortable position of risking going from mostly tinny to definite squishy which, as you can imagine, is somewhat undesirable.

The Project
Much as I would love to buy a new brig from White Rose or ASH I currently lack the necessary funds. I have thought of getting new fabric and a pile of nails and refurbishing my current brigandine. However, I am worried that I will pull it apart and be unable to put it back together leaving me with no armour at all. This leaves me with the third option of creating a new one from scratch.

Watch this space...

Profile

brigtoofar
brigtoofar

Latest Month

January 2013
S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Syndicate

RSS Atom
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Tiffany Chow